Wednesday 11 February 2015

Plants

I chose a plant as what I am now because I am just a plant that still needs watering to be a tree, meaning I am still young, naive, and innocent. I am still frail and too swayable in any directions, I must water myself with ideas and knowledge so that I could grow into a sturdy tree.


Part of the reason I also chose a plant is because of “The Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13)” a plant may or may not adapt to any situation depending on what ground the seed is planted, but seeing as that I turned into a plant, a good foundation was formed. Call me an egotist but I can say that I have a good foundation. I have a good foundation because I wouldn't be here if I don’t, I wouldn’t be here studying in the University, I would have withered away long ago and might not even finish high school for all I know. I have a good foundation because if I don’t, then I would have dropped this course a long time ago because this is one of the classes that I don’t know or I’m not familiar with a lot of people and that gives me social anxiety (and we have a lot of group works that would involve talking to other people) but because I am made to adapt, I am a fighter and I would push through with it. I owe my foundations to the people around me: my family, friends, and books because they did not let my seed grow into a thorny ground, but planted me instead to a healthy soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment