Tuesday 3 February 2015

Mothers

One thing I learned throughout the duration of my life is to love my mother. I know that I really sound sensitive but trust me because this is a lot coming from a person who used to hate her mother and an INTJ who finds it hard to release emotions.

Age 1-3: I thought she was the tallest person ever because she can easily lift me (turns out she's only 5"1)

Age 4: She always tell me that I am special (All mothers do)

Age 5: She would pick out my things, necessities, and outfits

Age 6: I started to get irritated with her picking out my things, necessities, and outfits

Age 7: I got irritated by her overprotectiveness and even threw tantrums because I don't like her picking out my outfits.

Age 8: She forces me to do all my homeworks

Age 9: We would always get into fights

Age 10: I got appendicitis and she was always there for me even though I almost always threw tantrums everyday just because of a measly thing such as not liking the food.

Age 11: I thought that I can do it all by myself. I thought I don't need her anymore because I'm a grownup

Age 12: I hate how she is not forcing me to study well because now I'm forcing myself to study well

Age 13: I hate her overprotectiveness because I'm old already, can take care of myself

Age 14: YES I'm a grownup I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF but don't make me call Pizza Hut because I can't

Age 15: It turns out she is right. People I trusted turned out to be snakes. She did warned me about them but I didn't listen. I guess I can trust her

Age 16: She helped me with college applications (until this day, I still regret not picking the course that she already told me to because I'm an egotistical prat)

Age 17: She helped me cope with my frustration when I didn't pass the university that I dreamed of since 10 years old. She helped me be independent. She was there for me when I felt so alone. I can't take care of myself alone. She became my best friend

I hated her, I ranted about her to my friends and classmates but it turns out that she is right from the beginning. It turns out that she will be the only person who will truly care and laugh about your experience. Friends may laugh, but when it comes to their self and you, they will always pick themselves. But mothers will always pick you.

She is the only one who truly laughs and appreciates you, while others just be with you and even fake laughs with you because they need something from you. She will be the only one who will truly care for you.

Don't blame her when she's being overprotective because she is just looking out for you because that's what she always do and you always fail to notice. Just be honest with her. Tell her when you are going out. Ask her permission. Respect her choices because that will make her trust you more and that small acceptance of her decision will result to more acceptance of your decision. Just be honest with her and she will accept you, trust her because mothers know best.


No comments:

Post a Comment